Friday, April 11, 2014

St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Abbeville, LA

I headed out this morning, moaning and groaning, to meet my painting bud, Denise Broussard, at St. Paul's Episcopal Church on Vermilion Street in Abbeville, LA.  I've been painting all week and wanted to just stay in bed this morning;  I didn't and... all said and done, I'm very glad.  This little Church is so quaint!  I spent quite a bit of time trying to research history on the building but was unable to find any.


We enjoyed the day painting and visiting with some interesting people.  A reporter from The Meridional (Abbeville's local newspaper) stopped by to take our picture and get a scoop for the paper.  We met another artist from the Destin, Florida area who was visiting here with his family. We also visited with a sweet  couple who were married in the Church.  While there, we took a tour of The Caldwell House next door, a beautiful B&B.  I think we are causing a stir of art enthusiasts in Abbeville.


Again, my painting is not finished but I will be posting it on my blog and website for sale once complete.

Happy Painting!



2 comments:

  1. Such a fun day, your painting is wonderful. The little church pulls you right in and gives you a warm hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy life. What a charming place. Your work looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete