Thursday, April 10, 2014

Magdalen Place in Abbeville

I woke up a little late this morning with allergy issues after having painted all day yesterday under the trees, but I pulled it together and headed out the door without Lucy, oh oh.  She was so pitiful as I drove away.

I met 3 artists friends to paint near the square in Abbeville today.  Two of us painted Magdalen Place and the other two painted St. Mary Magdalen Church.  We met up around noon in the square to take a break, visit and have lunch.




Okay so this painting is not finished, but I will post it when it is completed.

I particularly wanted you to notice the bus that is driving down the street in the background of the photo.  Early on in the day we were painting and a lady driving a bus like the one in the picture decided to park right in front of us to wait for someone.  She was a little further along than the one in the picture, so we could not see much of the building at all.  I waited and waited and waited, then eventually asked her nicely if she were going to be very long because we were painting the building right there.  She asked me "Am I in your way".  I said "Yes Ma'am", thankfully she moved around the corner for us. Oh well...

We had a great time today laughing and visiting with the folks in the area.  Abbeville is filled with so many friendly people.  They always wave and/or stop by to say hello.


1 comment:

  1. I had a great time painting again with you and the others today. What fabulous weather we are having here in southern Louisiana. Your paining is lovely and that story is so funny. I am glad Justin and I painted down the street. We only had the funeral to contend with. And you are right, people in Abbeville are really gracious.

    ReplyDelete