Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Blacks in Abbeville, LA

I headed out this morning with Lucy to meet my painting buddy,  Denise Broussard, for another plein air painting day in Abbeville, LA.  Denise and I chose different subjects so we ended up not painting near one another.

I painted Black's Oyster Bar and Seafood Restaurant in Abbeville.  Black's was a seafood icon for many years serving some of the finest seafood dishes around  I have been wanting to paint this building for awhile and was very happy for the opportunity to paint there.

Lucy Enjoying the View

I enjoyed the day soaking up the fresh air and sunshine and visiting with the locals who happened by.

I still have a little tweaking to do but wanted to post these anyway.  These and other paintings will be available for sale on my website, www.mariarandolph.com.


Black's Oyster Bar
(11 x 14 - oil on linen)

Another Note:  Denise and I both have our own facebook pages but we have now created a plein air page called "Happy Medium".  You can find us there posting about our painting adventures.  If you would like to follow us on facebook, please send us a friend request.

Hope you all had a very nice day...
Happy Painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment